Requisition # 125660BR
Posting Job Title Director, Head of Sales Training, AOL Advertising
Business AOL Advertising
Market Location US - New York - New York City
Type Full Time
Posting Job Description AOL is seeking a seasoned yet hands-on Head of Training and Development for AOL Advertising to grow our talent by collaborating with business and talent leaders and colleagues to design, develop and implement effective learning activities.
This individual will apply their expertise and experience in leading-edge learning design and implementation to develop standard learning and training curriculum for all employees in AOL Advertising (approx 1,000). The individual will be responsible for building partnerships with senior leadership across the business units to create and deliver effective training to new and tenured sales executives, account managers and supporting employees.
This will include new hire/onboarding, advanced and management training as well as product or process specific training as requested. Additional responsibilities include managing the activities involved in the analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation of training and development programs to support employees at all levels. Will work with leadership to assess and determine the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities and identify the most effective learning delivery medium to reduce time out of field, particularly for the sales force.
He or she will also be responsible for the development and delivery of e-learning modules to support a geographically dispersed population. Must also demonstrate comfort in developing methods for evaluation of program effectiveness.
Duties and responsibilities include:
* Developing a comprehensive and effective learning and development strategies for all of AOL Advertising functions
* Understanding the online advertising marketplace, business and learning environment to identify core learning and talent development needs and context
* Reviewing, collaborating and supporting others to develop outcome-based learning activities, incorporating the use of subject matter experts and consultants where appropriate.
* Collaborating with senior business and talent leaders to develop quarterly learning plans based on organizational and functional needs
* Designing outcome-based evaluation processes to measure impact of learning and development activities
* Making recommendations for improvement to learning process, design and implementation to better meet learning strategies
* Remaining up-to-date with the latest talent development practices and sharing this expertise with others.
Examples of the projects which the individual might participate in or lead include:
* Develop minimum standards for learning and development, including examples of best practice and measurement criteria
* Partner with Sales Leadership team to design and implement a core curriculum for Sales Managers, Sellers, and Account Managers
* Prepare and launch a communications plan to involve and excite learning practitioners, business and talent leaders.
* Consider culture and behavior changes required among learning practitioners, leaders and learners to achieve learning strategies
* Build out AOL’s LMS (Learning Management System) to enable employees and managers to measure progress against individualized learning plans
* Design and implement a role-based training certification program
* Work with Product Managers to design and implement a new AOL product training series with certification program
* Design and implement a training program for sales managers which includes skills for leading effective sales teams
* Develop operational implementation plans for all training content to boost utilization and adoption
* Ensure Sales Managers have tools to drive adoption and enforcement of lessons learned in training
This person will manage two (2) employees in the training organization and will be responsible for hiring additional resources to meet the ongoing and strategic training needs of the organization.
This person will report to the Sr. Director, Sales Activation Team.
* Bachelors and Masters (MBA, MAED) degree, preferable in Education/Instructional Design
* 6-8 years of experience in training, learning and development in mid-size or large organizations
* Online advertising industry experience preferred
* Implementing a consultative approach working with a sales team and all areas of sales support (sales development, marketing, operations, product and technology)
* Application of adult learning principles, including latest developments and trends
* Needs analysis, design, development and delivery of blended learning activities
* Project management and leadership (e.g. project scope, budgets, timelines, resource management, communication, risk and contingency management, etc.)
* Professional services / consulting, or executive education environment preferred
Required Skills and Abilities:
* Action-oriented, self motivated and self disciplined
* Ability to work autonomously in a virtual work environment.
* Ability to progress ideas to execution in a complex environment
* Forward thinking, ambitious and visionary about the future of learning.
* Negotiation, presentation and persuasion skills – experience communicating ideas, winning approval and reaching resolutions with a variety of audiences.
* Business acumen, strategy and change management
* Consultative approach working with a sales team and all areas of support, as mentioned above
* Strong project management and organizational skills
* Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Excel) Skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills and abilities
* Ability to manage internal expectations against field demands
* Ability to organize, complete tasks on short deadlines, multi-task and have a very strong work ethic
* Ability to drive leadership through out the organization, clearly communicate organizational plans
* Possess customer service driven approach to sales support activities
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.